Not as straightforward as it should be. In Plesk 11.5, after selecting the Database tab, the obvious solution is to click the Copy link in the last column for a specific database. Unfortunately, you end up with a database with no specific user, and trying to assign a new one will not work. I also found that exporting a database from within phpMyAdmin was also hit and miss, required exactly the rights settings, and editing of the resulting file. Not ideal. The solution…
- In Plesk 11.5, click the Database tab
- Create a new database with a new name, and with a new user and password.
- Look for the database you wish to copy, and at the end of the line, click the Copy link
- On the Copy Database page, ensure (a) Destination database server, is set to your Local server (b) Destination webspace, is set to your current web space
- Set your Destination database, to “Copy to existing database”, and select your new database
- Select Full copy, click OK to confirm
- It may take several minutes for the copy to be created. Note that the copied database will have a new name, user and password.