I couldn’t change the wallpaper on my Xiaomi Mi Max 3 mobile running Android 8.1 Oreo.
This did not work:
(1) Long-press the desktop (2) Select Wallpapers (3) Choose an image (4) Press Set wallpaper (5) Specify whether the selecting wallpaper appears on the Lock Screen, Home page, or both.
This might have been due to the Xiaomi MIUI 10 (Mi User Inteface), my Nova launcher app, or something else.
- I emailed myself the image as an attachment, and then downloaded it onto the phone
- In Settings, I selected Wallpaper
- Select Local photos
- Select Albums, then Downloads, then my image
- Press Apply, then Set as Lock Screen