Having installed Adobe Acrobat Reader, I found it had installed something called Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, with all the menus in Ukrainian, which looks like Russian, with Cyrillic characters. I was able to change the menus to English, but this is not the same as installing the English version. I also found that when I tried to update this version, I would get a message: “newer version already installed”. The solution….
- First I uninstalled Acrobat Reader DC manually from the Windows 1 Control Panel “Add/Remove programs”.
- The I downloaded an install program from the “Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution” page.
This correctly installed Adobe Reader XI. I am running Windows 10.